Safety Checks for Your Ride
Safety Tip of the Week
Routine Bike Checks
No matter what you’ve named your motorcycle—and even if you haven’t—you should make some checks before you get on your bike:
- Check tires for cracks, bulges, or signs of wear. Check tire pressure.
- Look under the bike for any grease or oil, which would be a sign of leakage.
- Test you high- and low-beam headlights, turn signals, and taillight.
- Weekly check hydraulic and coolant levels.
Once you’ve mounted your ride:
- Make sure the clutch works smoothly.
- Test the throttle to see that it snaps back when you release it.
- Clean the mirrors and adjust them.
- Test the horn.
- Be sure both the front and rear brakes feel firm and hold the bike stopped.
And away you go!
Stay safe out there!