Things to Do at Sturgis!
Things to Do at Sturgis!
July 26, 2013Things to Do at Sturgis!
Any rider making the annual pilgrimage to Sturgis knows there is no shortage of things to do! Whether you’re headed to The Black Hills just for Sturgis, or taking a relaxing ride through South Dakota, plan a day or two to take in the sights of the gorgeous highways and historic towns. Black Hills is full of state parks, national monuments and historic landmarks. There is something for everyone.
The favorite ride of the locals is the 70-mile loop known as the Norbeck Scenic Byway. This ride will send you through the beautiful countryside, including Custer State Park and the Mount Rushmore National Memorial. As you travel through the mining cities of Custer, Hill City, and Keystone, take advantage of the great selection of unique shops, dining, and attractions.
Looking for some local Harley-Davidson events?
Harley-Davidson 110th Anniversary and H.O.G. 30th Global Lounge.
- Saturday through Saturday, August 3-10, 9am – 5pm, at 3rd & Lazelle St.
- Get your picture taken in front of a Harley backdrop to share with friends back home
- See the latest Harley models equipped with the full line of custom parts and accessories
- H.O.G. Pin Stop – Pick up your FREE event Pin
Test Rides at the Black Hills Harley-Davidson in Rapid City
- Saturday through Saturday, August 3-10, 9am – 5pm
- Take a free test ride on a 2013 Harley-Davidson motorcycle
- All riders must have a valid motorcycle license and adhere to riding gear requirements and safety rules.
The Western Motorcycle Drag Racing Association, presented by Harley-Davidson.
- Sturgis Drag way, August 5-7
- Tuesday, August 6: 5th Annual Biker Belles Women’s Ride. For more information visit www.bikerbelles.com
- Wednesday, August 7: Sturgis Rally H.O.G. Special Event from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at the Easy rider Saloon. The event will feature live music, food and free parking. There will be an Observation Run at 7:30 p.m., with a prize ceremony at 9:00 p.m.
For the animal lovers out there, the Reptile Gardens in Rapid City are sure to thrill. The Black Hills Wild Horse Sanctuary in Hot Springs is also a tourist favorite.
And if you must indulge in a little gambling, there are a few casinos in the area—Tin Lizzie Casino in Deadwood is a popular spot.
Are you riding to Sturgis this year? Been in year’s past? Tell us some of your favorite things to do while in Sturgis on the Eagle Leather Facebook Page!