The Largest Motorcycle Gear Retailer In The Pacific Northwest!

Dangers of unattended idling motorcycles

  02/15/2016 at 23:16 pm

 

Safety Tip of the Week

Dangers of Unattended Idling Motorcycles


A man in Manteca, California became bad example at the end of last year. He left his motorcycle idling in his garage while he walked over to a neighbor’s house for a chat. The unattended cycle started a fire, which moved into the attic and led to fire and water damage throughout the house—to the tune of $200,000.00. Worse yet, a firefighter was injured.

Think of all the flammables in your garage, from oil spots on the floor, to paint, to rags, to newspapers for recycling. In this cold weather it’s tempting to start your motorcycle and let it warm up by itself. But yielding to that temptation can cost you your ride—and your home. And although the firefighter who was hurt in Manteca recovered fully, that outcome could have been tragic.

The Manteca Bulletin has a full account of the fire and how it was fought. Click here to read the full story.

Stay safe out there!
- Mike

By Eagle Leather