If you want more protection for your legs, chaps might just be the way to go. Pronounced “shaps,” they are crotchless and seatless, designed to be worn over your jeans or other pants. If you look on the Eagle Leather website you’ll find several categories of chaps: braided, jean-style, light weight, plain, short, ...
Riding in the rain can be a “fact of life” in the Pacific Northwest. The proper gear can make rain a nuisance as opposed to a deal-breaker. One caveat: Don’t expect to stay perfectly dry. Instead wear gear that will keep you relatively comfortable despite some dampness. First, let’s note the difference between ...
If you ask motorcycle enthusiasts what rides are on their Bucket Lists, you’ll get some favorites that probably appeal to most everyone, and others that are less well known. This blog is about a route that’s been named one of the ten best in the United States, but which you might not know too much about. Migrating buffalo ...
Safety Tip of the Week Tips for Planning a Long Ride When yo...
Are you planning now for rides this summer? Or maybe you’ll be taking a trip without your motorcycle. In either case, you could take a day to visit one of the many motorcycle museums around the country. We’ve selected a few, trying to find museums in various parts of the nation. In New England, you’ll...
If you’re feeling closed in with cabin fever, think how wonderful it’s going to feel when you take to the open road on your motorcycle for the first time this spring! Wouldn’t you like to share that feeling? Maybe with a family member or a friend? Perhaps the best way to share your love ...
Organizing a group ride can be as simple as calling a few friends with a time and place. But if you’re planning a ride that’s bigger, you’ll need two things: helpers and planning. There’s a lot more work to planning a group ride, especially a charity ride, than you might think. Get a few people ...
The world of electric motorcycles is evolving rapidly. So far this year, Harley-Davidson is entering the market, one of the hottest selling electric bikes sees a substantial increase in battery life and therefore range before recharge, and another has had a whopping price decrease. Harley-Davidson toured the nation a y...
While we wait for winter’s end and the return of good motorcycling weather, we’ve been looking for apps that might make our summer rides more enjoyable. We found quite a few online. The Eat Sleep Ride ap...
Thinking about the Olympics, we wondered why there were no motorcycling events—races, of course, and maybe something like polo. After all, there were unfamiliar events in earlier years, like tug-of-war. In Paris at the 1900 Olympics, Danish journalist Edgar Aaybe was covering the games. Denmark and Sweden together fielded a t...
- May (6)
- 2018 Rain Gear Tips
- "Bucket List" Rides
- Maintaining Visibility in the Rain
- How to Plan for a Ride
- The Obvious Answer Isn't So Obvious...
- No Help At All!
- The Best Motorcycle Museums to Visit
- Safely Riding an Eye Catching Vintage Bike
- A Genie, an Urn, and... Selena Gomez?
- Sharing Your Passion With the Next Generation
- Prepping the Next Generation of RIders
- Lu Shin and His Chickens
- March (6)
- February (6)
- January (12)
- December (5)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (9)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (9)
- Safety Tips for Beginning of Summer
- Stuntmen Jokes
- Motorcycle Movie Stunts
- How to Master Specific Riding Skills
- Ralph Gets Caught Speeding
- Jet Engine Superbikes
- Lane-Splitting Safety Tips
- Gary's Speeding Ticket
- The “Lane Sharing for Safety” Bill
- Hazard of Wet Intersections
- Albert Talks to Satan
- Rain Gear
- Drink Safely
- Patrick Orders a Model
- The Luck of the Rider
- February (9)
- Tips for Passenger Safety
- Bertrand the Motorcycle Artist
- Motorcycle Art
- Beware of Black Ice
- Robbie and The Russian Watch
- Antique Motorcycle Museums
- Safety Tips from Seasoned Riders
- Marty Goes to a Barbershop
- Promote Your 2017 Rides
- Safety Tips for Lane-Splitting
- Three Drunk Riders
- Lane-splitting Legal in California
- Beware of "Inattentional Blindness"
- Arnie and His Fear of Tunnels
- Best Commuting Bikes
- December (9)
- Warren Won't Go to Bed
- Tips for Riding with Kids
- 39th Annual Olympia Toy Run
- Is Your Gear Keeping You Safe
- If They’re Free, I’ll Take Two!
- Black Friday at Eagle Leather 2016!
- Wear Your Leather for Halloween
- Top safety Tips for Riding in Groups
- The New BMW Self Driving Motorcycle
- R-2 Detour
- Pete Makes A Spooky Discovery
- Our Website Got a Facelift
- Matt and The Three-Legged Chicken
- Safety Tips for Electric Bikes
- Eagle Leather's new Website
- Be Alert Of Children Out On The Streets
- October (8)
- How to Prevent Deer/Cycle Collisions
- Alvin Seeks Financial Guidance
- Biketober in Daytona
- How to Safely Handle a Flat Tire
- John Gets a Flat Tire
- Riding Inside the Wheel
- Oyster Run Preparations
- Annabelle Gets a Second Chance at Life
- Watch Out for Children On The Road
- Harley Davidson Products
- Rain in Tacoma
- Five Rules to Abide By at Crowded Events
- How to Choose Rain Gear
- Melvin Tries Oysters for The First Time
- Safely Riding in a Group
- The Annual Oyster Run
- Riding Safely Through Construction Zones
- Martha Tries to Get Andy Acquitted
- Advance Your Motorcycling Skills This Labor Day
- Safety Tips from GEICO
- Jim Runs Over Wralph the Wren
- California Lane-Splitting Bill Update
- Tips to Keep You Cornering Safely
- Sam Recovers His Stolen Bike
- Help Prevent Motorcycle Theft
- July (9)