Annual Easter BASHket Run at Eagle Leather!
Annual Easter BASHket Run at Eagle Leather
March 07, 2013Eagle Leather Teams Up With BASH for Charity (Again!)
Annual Easter BASHket Run to Begin at Eagle Leather on Saturday, March 16th
Attention riders! Join members of BASH (Bikers Against Statewide Hunger) for their annual Easter BASHket charity run next Saturday, March 16th, and help provide kids in our community with a sweet basket to wake up to Easter morning.
This year’s rally point is Eagle Leather
– kick stands up at 10:30 a.m. There is a $15.00 fee for the ride, or
$12.00 if you bring Easter Basket filler (small stuffed animals, small
toys, colored pencils, crayons, Legos, playing cards, stickers, etc.).
Additional monetary donations are also needed whenever possible, as all
proceeds from the run will directly benefit BASH and go toward stocking
their food bank.
Last year, Eagle Leather teamed up with BASH for their annual Turkey Run—a huge success. Eagle Leather donated $1 for every 2 pounds of food donated to support BASH’s Thanksgiving efforts. Eagle Leather is a big supporter of BASH and its mission to curb hunger in our community.
Washington Hunger Facts: Did you know?
- U.S. Department of Agriculture data released last September indicated that lingering effects of the recession have pulled 75,000 more Washingtonians into hunger.
- Since 2008, the number of hungry families in Washington has jumped 85% from 88,000 to 163,000.
- It is estimated that more than 440,000 children in Washington – 1 in 4 – live in homes that struggle with hunger on a regular basis.
- The state’s hunger rate is at an all-time high of 6.2 percent.
- Recent budget cuts caused more than 11,000 families see their State Food Assistance benefits cut in half last July.
- Budget cuts, along with the increasing rate of hunger, have caused increased demand at food banks and other private food providers, making organizations like BASH now more important than ever.
Want to help out? You can donate money, food, or volunteer your time at BASH. Just stop by their headquarters at 118 141st St Ct S, Tacoma, WA or call Vickie Houk at 253-380-6534.
You can also
support BASH by purchasing their collector pins, magnets, and bows from B
& B Boutique. B & B is owned by Vickie’s daughter, and all
proceeds go towards the BASH food bank.
Everyone at Eagle Leather is looking forward to seeing you on March 16th in support of BASH!
Sources: www.feedingamerica.org, www.childrensalliance.org